Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Fifty-One TRIO

The Fifty-One TRIO  is the first electronic cigarette I bought.  I found that it is the one most readily available at any store that sells cartons of cigarettes.  I paid about $60.   What I got was a rechargeable battery, a battery charger that plugs into any household outlet, an atomizer and 5 cartridges.

The battery is what would be the white tube part of a regular cigarette.  Many electronic cigarette smokers refer to "regular" cigarettes as analog cigarettes.  These are the kind you light that puts smoke in your lungs and the lungs of those around you and require a lighter and an ashtray.

The cartridge is the part that looks like the filter of an analog cigarette.  It contains liquid nicotine and some other ingredients that anyone can google and read more about.   This is the disposable part that you can buy packs of. Each one supposedly lasts for a couple of cigarettes.   I found them to be much less.  I think anyone new to electronic smoking will blow through the initial 5 carts real fast and be inclined to give up.  My advice.  Hang in there.  There is a learning curve.  "Vaping"  is different that regular smoking.  I find a gentle slow draw produces more vapor and satisfaction and also makes the batteries and carts last longer.   It's something I'm still working on and I feel will come more naturally as I make a conscious effort to do.

The atomizer is the third part of the Fifty-One TRIO.  This is the part that vaporizes the contents of the cart. It should last quite a while.  I broke mine after two weeks because I was too rough changing my carts.  I have ordered a set of three that is currently on back order.  One reason why I would not recommend the Fifty-One TRIO.   It was a good introduction to electronic smoking because it's readily available but that's about the only advantage.   I used to smoke full flavor tobacco and I started with 11 mg carts for my electronic cigarettes.  This is equivalent to light cigarettes and I am pretty satisfied with them.
Well with my Fifty-One TRIO unusable and my atomizer on back order I decided to search on line for other options.  The world of electronic cigarettes is vast.  There are many sites with reviews and youtube videos to explore.    I ordered a starter kit of  Blu Cigs .   While I waited for them to arrive I decided to try an analog cigarette.   OMG!   I can't believe how disgusting it was to me.  Just a few weeks ago I was smoking a pack  a day.  Wow!   It seemed so dirty and harsh and hurtful.

update:  The Fifty-One TRIO turned out to be pretty much a piece of junk.  Carts constantly leaked.  And the atomizer fell apart.   It was a good cheap introduction to vaping that was available locally.  Not a complete waste of time or money but I have moved on to greener pastures so to speak.  See my blog entry for Green Smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment