Friday, June 24, 2011

Baby Cakes Donut Maker

Baby Cakes Donut Maker

Too many rain days in a row and I find myself shopping impulsively.  This little donut maker is just so darn cute I had to have it.
 Every thing about this set is small and cute.
Along with the appliance there is a little fork to remove the donuts, a tiny sugar shaker 3" tall.   An 8" x 10" cooling rack and a ten page instruction and recipe booklet.  
Lets be clear now.  This is NOT a donut fryer.  You will be making cake donuts.
Personally I prefer cake donuts over fried for obvious reasons.  Less fat and calories.

There are four donut recipes.   Sour Cream, Chocolate, Buttermilk spice and Maple Glazed Applesauce.
There are Several topping suggestions including recipes for frosting and glazes.


 You bake six donuts at a time.  Each batch takes about five minutes.  I set my timer for four and a half minutes and the donuts came out right.  Pictured is the yield from one batch.
I decided to start out simple and made the chocolate donuts and topped them with a vanilla glaze and colored sprinkles.  

I would recommend this little donut maker.  It does exactly what I expected it to do.  It was easy to operate and clean.  It seems pretty sturdy.  The family liked the donuts although the men here commented that they tasted like cake.  Duh!   They are NOT fried donuts.

update: The Baby Cakes Donut Maker is still going strong.  The family just gobbles up every batch I make and it's remarkable how easy it is to whip up some batter, cook the donuts and clean every thing up in record time.  I highly recommend this cute little appliance to any one that is considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment